Golf Tournament Raises $169K for Hospice Wellington
On June 6, Co-operators presented a cheque for $169,000 to Hospice Wellington after a day of golf at Glencairn Golf Club. More than a hundred partners, vendors and employees enjoyed a day of competition and fun while raising funds and awareness for an important and valuable organization. Hospice Wellington provides and promotes hospice palliative care for individuals and their families in the Guelph and Wellington County.
“The incredible care that Hospice Wellington provides to our community is unparalleled and we’re honoured to have contributed in this way,” said Kristina Gilley, chair of Co-operators Charity Golf Tournament volunteer committee. “Our volunteer committee works tirelessly year after year to support local organizations where we can make a significant impact, and this year was no exception.”
“We are so thankful to have been chosen as this year’s beneficiary of the Co-operators Charity Golf Tournament,” said Pat Stuart, Executive Director of Hospice Wellington. “The generous support received from Co-operators will greatly help us as we meet the needs of those at end-of-life, and to provide services to their families and others in the community. We are overwhelmed by the generosity of the sponsors and dedication of this volunteer committee.
Did you know?
- Hospice Wellington has been serving the Guelph Wellington community since 1980
- Hospice Wellington has both a residential program (10 beds and room for families to stay with their loved ones) as well as community programs
- Hospice Wellington has support programs for those living at home with a life-threatening illness
- Hospice Wellington also has the following programs available to those in their residential facility and in the wider community:
- Art Therapy.
- Music Therapy.
- Palliative Care Support including Palliative Day Program & One-to-One Volunteer Support
- Grief and Bereavement support.
- Integrated Wellness including Bereavement Walking Group, Gentle Yoga, Reiki, Student Massage Program, Therapeutic Touch®, and Therapy Dog Program.
- Spiritual supports.