Sign In
ORNGE Air Ambulance Arrives at Walmart on Woodlawn Rd Guelph Accident

Updated: Kitchener Male Recovering Following Collision

Update: May 25, 2023

Kitchener Male Recovering Following Collision

A Kitchener male continues to recover following a serious collision which shut a major Guelph road for more than 12 hours Wednesday.

Approximately 11:20 a.m., police were called to a reported collision on Woodlawn Road West near Woolwich Street. Investigation revealed a silver Honda had been eastbound on Woodlawn Road when it clipped another car before leaving the road and striking a wooden hydro pole. The force of the impact broke the pole and caused the Honda to re-enter the roadway, where it collided with a passing pickup truck.

The driver of the Honda, a 24-year-old Kitchener male confirmed to be the owner of the car, was transported by Ornge air ambulance to a trauma centre where he has undergone surgery for a serious leg injury.

The driver of the other car was transported to hospital with a minor leg injury.

Several driving complaints involving the silver Honda were received prior to the collision. Excessive speed is believed to be a factor.

The on-scene police investigation concluded approximately 8 p.m., however the road was closed and hydro service to local businesses was interrupted for several more hours as crews replaced the broken pole.

The investigation is ongoing. Anyone who witnessed the collision or saw the Honda before the collision, and who has not yet spoken to police, is asked to call Constable Tim Paneghel of the Guelph Police Service Traffic Unit at 519-824-1212, ext. 7529, send him an email at tpaneghel@guelphpolice.ca, leave an anonymous message for Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or leave an anonymous tip online at www.csgw.tips.

ORNGE Air Ambulance at Accident on Woodlawn Rd

ORNGE air ambulance arrived at Walmart on Woodlawn Road to transport an accident victim to Hamilton General Hospital. 

Guelph Police reported a serious accident at Woodlawn Road West and Woolwich Street involving a vehicle which struck a pole. 

Guelphites documented photos and videos of the ORNGE air ambulance as it arrived and departed. Flight Radar showed the helicopter arrived at Hamilton General Hospital in approximately 10 minutes while traveling at an average speed of 290 km/h.

Community Sponsor

Guelph News Bank Fraud Prev Post
Bank Fraud Leads to Charges
Guelph Fire Department Next Post
Suspicious Fire Under Investigation

Add Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Your cart

No products in the cart.