SIU Investigating Death of Man in Guelph Police Chase Collision
The province’s Special Investigations Unit is investigating the circumstances surrounding the death of a 43-year-old man after fleeing Guelph Police Service officers on Saturday morning.
Preliminary information suggests the following:
- At approximately 9:30 a.m., Guelph Police Service officers were requested to check on the wellbeing of a man. The man was also found to be subject to an arrest warrant.
- Officers located the man in a pickup truck in the area of Victoria Street and York Road.
- The man fled in the truck and officers pursued the man for a distance.
- The pickup truck collided with two civilian vehicles before it rolled several times near Victoria Road South and Clair Road East.
- The man was taken to hospital and pronounced deceased.
Three investigators, two forensic investigators and one collision reconstructionist have been assigned to this case.
The SIU is urging anyone who may have information about this investigation, including video or photos, to contact the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529 or online at: https://siu.on.ca/en/appeals.php
Caught in Guelph (and Area) community member Ayesha Amir shared a photo of the scene in a thread where others commented on their accounts of the incident.