Sleeping in Vehicle Results in Arrest
On July 8th, 2023, at 6:50am, a concerned citizen notified the Guelph Police Service regarding an adult male sleeping in the driver’s seat of a running motor vehicle parked just outside the downtown core of the City of Guelph.
Police located the vehicle and began speaking with the male.
Further investigation revealed that the vehicle was stolen on June 15th, and the license plates did not match the vehicle.
At 7:28 am, the male was arrested.
Search incident to arrest revealed:
- Identity documents not in the male’s name
- Financial card not in the male’s name
- 0.27 grams of Heroin
- 44.87 grams of Cannabis
- Various stolen property
A 26-year-old Brampton male has been charged with:
- Possession Of Property Obtained By Crime Over $5,000
- Possession Of Property Obtained By Crime Under $5,000 x3
- Possession Of An Identity Document x2
- Possession Of Credit Card
- Possession Of A Controlled Substance – Schedule I
- Possession Of Over 30 Grams Of Dried Cannabis In A Public Place
He was held in custody pending a bail hearing and subsequently released.
He will appear in court on August 4th.